Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Wednesdays with Joanne - "The Write Trip"

Hi all,

Summer is trekking along, so get those vacation hours in quick!!!

I just returned from The Write Trip: Author Day at Five Star-Thomson Gale, Thorndike Press, in Waterville, Maine. What an honor to have our publisher create a day just for us! Too much fun. Not only did we have an opportunity to meet our fellow authors with Five Star, but the staff of Thomson Gale and Thorndike Press as well. We were wined (on H2O and soda) and dined (lobster and chicken) on delicious fare as well as conversation. My feet are back on terra firma (barely) but I have wonderful writing memories to keep me warm on cold Colorado nights to come.

New England is rich in history, and I'm talking Writing history! For me, a romance lover from Virginia who now resides in Colorado, driving along on my Write Trip, passing signs that read Walden Pond ... well, you can imagine. A literary moment, certainly. Another one came, of course, when I stopped in Camden, Maine. For those of you who enjoy my love for The Hallmark Channel, as in Sarah, Plain, and Tall (the series is shown often) ... roaming Camden, where Sarah wrote her advertisement, "to make a difference," made my heart skip, yet again.

On my way to the airport in Hartford, my Writing Trip took me through the state of MA where John and Abigail Adams wrote (thank goodness they did) so many letters to one another, David McCullough could put them together for his wonderful biography. John Adams is one of THE best books I've ever read! (I'm still reading Harry Potter - Deathly Hallows ... so I'll let you know ... I DO love Rowling!)

Hmmm ... I'm of the thought that one could step out their door in this great country, go in any direction, via any means of transportation, and suddenly discover they are on their own Write Trip! It is America The Beautiful!

Until next time...

Jo(anne)

Matchmaker, Matchmaker
A...My Name's Amelia
The Parlor House Daughter (12/08)
http://www.fivestarauthors.blogspot.com/
http://www.womenwritingthewest.blogspot.com/
http://http://www.joannesundell.com/

No comments: