Thursday, April 24, 2008

HEART 2 HEART ~ "Heck with the G Spot ... I need the P Spot!"

Hi guys,

P is for Plotting and I'm looking for the P Spot now with my work in progress, THE QUAKER AND THE CONFEDERATE. Now that I've begun to organize my research, I've got to map out my plotting. This time I might have a two-book series, which I've never tackled before. Each title must be stand alone, yet be connected. All of this will be a bit tricky for moi`. I'm still a newbie in historical romance writing and darn it ... "I'm trying to get it right."

Unlike other stories I've plotted, this one has more conflicts, particularly external. I mean, it's the Civil War! Ah, but which directions to take amid all the conflicts during the war between the states. Each one might be a sticky wicket indeed, as today some of the same "conflicts" are still raw.

My best tact has to be to follow the love story. Geez, that's why I started this story set in Civil War, Virginia in the first place. In developing the storyline and love story for my hero and heroine, they will dictate what I include or not. By taking this route (instead of trying to re-write stories aready told) the unique experiences of my main characters will tell a new story, one that I hope readers will find heartening. That's what it's always about for me ... from one heart to another ... Heart 2 Heart. This is, after all, romance.

I love historicals, which is why I attempt them in the first place. I just need to find out which external conflicts will be played out in THE QUAKER AND THE CONFEDERATE. Understand, I'm not complaining here. I just have a bit of trepidation when it comes to writing about such a time as the Civil War. It's all hallowed ground, for both sides, and for everyone touched by the horrors of such a fight. My cause is to do justice to all.

Thus, I'm looking for the P Spot! Plotting and Planning!

Until next time ...

Jo(annd) Gregg Sundell
www.joannesundell.com
www.myspace.com/joannesundell

A...MY NAME'S AMELIA, LP 8/08
THE PARLOR HOUSE DAUGHTER, 12/08
MEGGIE'S REMAINS, 7/09

1 comment:

Oh, Joy! said...

You go, girl! There are just too few romance novels published with a Civil War setting. I will watch for your book.