Wednesday, May 14, 2008

HEART 2 HEART ~ "The Jane Austen Action Figure!"

Move over Ironman, Terminator, Batman, & Rambo, et al ... JANE'S BACK!

Hi all,

One of my children gave me my very own Jane Austen action figure for Mother's Day. I'm still fanning myself over such a wonderful surprise. Jane comes complete with a quill in one hand and writing journal in the other. A desk with inkwell and more paper comes, detached. When she wants to write, Jane can move her arms and set quill to paper. She can take a few steps when a break is needed from her writing labors.

Don't laugh but ... years ago when I visited Westminster Abbey in London, and passed by the sepulcres of Jane and her sisters, I touched the Abbey brochure to Jane's grave and keep it framed on my desk. Of course, I've set my Jane Austen action figure beside the immortal Westminster Abbey brochure! Lest ye think I don't sit in awe of the Bronte` sisters ... I do. I'm honoring Charlotte by having another Jane---this one Jane Eyre---figure prominantly in my 7/09 release, MEGGIE'S REMAINS~A Romance to Die For.

Besides the Jane Austen action figure, I also received a Jane Austen doll (which I'm having trouble keeping from one of my cats). I'm thinking I just might drag the doll (as Darwin tries to do) to all future book signings. Don't think I could ask for a better companion on such outings!

To the Janes!!! Forever in our hearts,

Jo(anne) Gregg Sundell
www.joannesundell.com
A...MY NAME'S AMELIA, LP 8/08
THE PARLOR HOUSE DAUGHTER, 12/08
MEGGIE'S REMAIN, 7/09

No comments: