Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Wednesdays With Joanne

Hi! Welcome to one and all e-drive-bys!

One week into blogging, and I fear I'm not past Blogging 101 as yet. Ah well, not to worry. Never forget the fabled Tortuise and the Hare, The Little Engine That Could, and Working Girl. Yep, Working Girl. She did "get her man and the job in the end!" I love happy endings, but I also love to ponder all the hardships faced and possible ways to reach them.

If you've had a peek at my website (www.joannesundell.com), you know I write historical romance set in the West. If you've an interest in this, I hope so much you continue to stop by on Wednesdays and visit me on my blog. Of course I'd love it, too, if you'd sign up for my NEWSLETTER, full of fun and fantasy. Yeah, right. Hey, I will start running contests there soon. I want my signed books to get to you somehow, some way, you know! I also would love feedback from you on my books, on historical romance, and on "whatever is on your mind." Feel free to e-mail me from my website or post on my blog.

I hope to blog soon on two other blogspots: Five Star Authors Blog and Women Writing the West Blog. I'll post those blogspots here (when I figure this out) so you might visit the sites too, if you've a mind. I'm also a member of Colorado Romance Writers. I'm not up to "blog" with them yet, but I'm working on it.

I thank you in advance for your patience!

I'm excited about an upcoming booktalk/signing at our brand new library in Granby, Colorado, Dec 11th. This is the first time my focus will be on a general discussion of romance (LET'S TALK (historical western) ROMANCE), rather than my book(s). Of course Matchmaker, Matchmaker and A...My Name's Amelia will be featured, but for the most part we're going to have fun with romance. Can we talk here? is the motto of the evening.

Let me say a word about the librarians in Grand County. That word is "super!" The marketing target for my publisher, Five Star/Thomson Gale, is the library market. (They, of course, send catalogs out nationally.) It's wonderful to discover how wonderful librarians are. They're in the know about what the public likes to read, and so far they've been truly helpful in promoting my book(s). I hope to target libraries in Colorado in particular for the promotion of A...My Name's Amelia. I'm not only going to focus on pre-orders, but will put out an invitation to libraries and bookclubs to "invite me" to come for a chat, and maybe sign a book or two. Hey, it's all about fun for us, right! I'm going to call it the Let's Talk Historical Western Romance Tour...la de da, la de da, la de da...

No worries, I'm not forgetting my part in trying to appeal to the mass market. Coming soon to an on-line or in-store site near you!!!

Well, I don't know about you but my coffee's cold, and that will not do. Besides, you've had enough for one week, no doubt. Please come back next time. Who knows what you'll find here. Who knows "what danger lurks in the hearts and minds of men!" (Hey, what happened to the "women" part of The Shadow's comments? I suppose only "The Shadow Knows.")

My best to you all!

Joanne

No comments: