Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Wednesdays with Joanne - "The Sisterhood of Travelling Writers"

Hi All!

Summer's in full swing and the folks are out travelling. Move over guys, the Winnebegos are on the move. Hide the children! (just kidding, of course) It occurred to me that writers don't have a "travelling season," but hit the road on any given day, no matter the time of year, to attend conferences, signings, book talks, attend workshops, critique groups, book fairs ... and on and on it goes. Admittedly, I didn't see the film, "The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants," but I liked the title so much, I borrowed from it!

Writers, whether in or out of our Winnebegos, are always on the move. And, we're everywhere! At signings I meet lots of folks who are also writing. At dinner parties, there's a good chance that the guest to my left (or right) is a writer. At the grocery, I meet other hungry shoppers, who also happen to either write, or want to write. At conferences or chapter meetings, there are writers galore ... which is nothing short of delicious! How much fun is it to smooz with other writers, no matter their number of published works, about what they're working on now, etc. Writers are generous, I've discovered. At least most are. Most are willing to share their journey to publication, and want to help others do the same. See, I said "delicious" and I meant it!

I just wanted to check in and give a shout out to one and all, and wish us all good travels this summer; especially all of us in The Sisterhood of Travelling Writers!"

B'bye for now,

Jo(anne)

www.joannesundell.com

No comments: