Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Wednesdays with Joanne - "Of whales, penguins, and seals!"

Hi guys,

This weekend I'm heading to the South Pole, via South America, then the Drake Passage. I'm very excited about this trip, ever loving all things remote, and more remote! As for the daily temperature in Antarctica in the summer (currently), it's supposed to be around 32 degrees F. As for the daily temperature ... today in the Colorado Rockies ... it's 0 degrees at the moment! Hmmm...at least I'm going from really cold to not so cold. Interesting, is it not?

I'll let you know any and all that I learn about animal life, human and otherwise, on the Antarctic Peninsula upon my return. I'm keen on hearing "up close and personal" exactly what's happening at the pole.

I'm in the middle of research for my next book, set in Civil War, Virginia, but I'm not averse to digging down in the ice and uncovering a new story. Maybe I'll find a long lost couple, stranded centuries ago, buried now, still hand-in-hand, forever bound to the frozen continent.


Until next time ...

Jo(anne)

www.joannesundell.com
www.squidoo.com/historicalromancewriter

No comments: