Wednesday, February 11, 2009

HEART 2 HEART - "Going LARGE Isn't So Bad"

I just found out that my 12/08 release, THE PARLOR HOUSE DAUGHTER, is going into LARGE PRINT with Thorndike Press Historical Fiction, come April 15th! Bigger IS better, tee hee!

The primary market for my books sold to Five Star-Gale, an imprint of Cengage Learning, is the library market (BLESS THEM). If any of our books sold in original hardcover survive the numbers crunch, they have a chance to go into LARGE PRINT. These large print hardcovers (with Thorndike) are sold primarily to the library market as well. Most libraries have large print shelves and I'm sooooo happy that THE PARLOR HOUSE DAUGHTER will perhaps go on many of these shelves.

My second Five Star-Gale sale, A...MY NAME'S AMELIA, also went into LARGE PRINT, as a softcover with Wheeler Publishing. It did quite well for which I'm truly grateful. If I may add, the heroine in the book is deaf and I did the majority of my research at the Colorado School for the Deaf and Blind (CSDB). I happily was able to gift the school with a large print copy of AMELIA as well as donating the wall hanging I had made of The Manual Alphabet. I'm honored the school will display the wall hanging and put copies of AMELIA in their library!!!

So ... you can see why I'm saying that "going LARGE isn't so bad!"

:-) Jo(anne) Gregg Sundell
www.joannesundell.com
author@joannesundell.com

MATCHMAKER, MATCHMAKER
A...MY NAME'S AMELIA
THE PARLOR HOUSE DAUGHTER
MEGGIE'S REMAINS

No comments: