Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Wednesdays with Joanne - "On the day after Christmas, my true love gave to me..."

...tickets to Antarctica!

Yep, I get to March With The Penguins soon, on Happy Feet, I can only hope. Nothing literary in all of this, or maybe there is.

I've been passionate about animals all of my life, wanting to be a veterinarian, ending up being a nurse. Same passion, just a different type of animal. We've been called worse in this life, right? Who here is not rivited to the tele when shows such as Deadliest Catch (filmed in and around Dutch Harbor, Alaska) or Everest, Beyond The Limit (filmed at 29,000 feet and holding) come on? I sure am! Of course I've also been rivited to the tele in days of old when Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom came on. If I'm not mistaken, Wild Kingdom was the first long-standing animal show on television. Mesmerizing, all of it!

And so, with passions stirred re all animals both wild and domestic, human and otherwise, I look forward to crossing the Drake Passage to the Antarctic Peninsula and find out for myself, what is really going on down there. How much has the potential rise is sea temperatures affected the Chinstrap penguins or the Gentoo? How much has their food source depleted? Surely the guides on board my Zodiac will share all the hard facts, first hand. I'll be going the end of January.

When I return I plan to "put passion to my pen" and tell all!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Jo(anne)

http://www.joannesundell.com/
www.squido.com/historicalromancewriter

No comments: